If you’re like me, you love to indulge in a cappucino with extra whip cream – as a treat of course! I found this delicious cupcake recipe and needed to share it with you!
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup soft, unsalted butter
- 7 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon instant espresso
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 5.25 oz white chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 and ⅔ cup sifted confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- a little cocoa or cinnamon powder for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor add all the cupcake ingredients except the milk, and pulse to combine.
- Add the milk and pulse again until the ingredients are well combined.
- Place 12 cupcake liners into a muffin pan.
- Spoon the batter into the liners.
- Bake around 20 minutes (until slight golden brown colour).
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then place the cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool down completely.
- To Make The Frosting: Melt the white chocolate and butter in the microwave.
- After it has cooled a tad, add the sour cream and stir.
- Gradually add the sifted confectioners sugar until it is a good consistency (malleable, but not wet).
- Spread the icing on top of the cupcakes and then dust some cocoa powder or cinnamon on top.
From the book `How to be a Domestic Goddess: Baking an the Art of Comfort Cooking`by Nigella Lawson.